Our mission and purpose is to make disciples for Jesus Christ, by learning to Love God, Love others, Serve in God’s Kingdom and Reach the Lost.
“May We All Learn to Love to Grow in Christ.”
We welcome all who thirst for Christ’s living water at the Mason City United Methodist Church, a small town in the middle of everywhere!
Sundays at 9:15 a.m. Sunday School (pre-school & elementary)
10:30 a.m. Worship Celebration – nursery provided for those infant through kindergarten (there are activity pages for older children in the front pew)
The Mason City United Methodist Church is committed to excellence in our intentional faith development offerings and encourages everyone, all ages, to participate weekly in Sunday school, Small groups, Prayer Team, and/ or other spiritual formation opportunities.
Worship is an important part of faith. In Worship we express our Love For God and for one another. Worship is an action by those who love God and seek to honor God as Lord of their life. We encourage you to make worship a priority and to bring yourself fully to this time of Celebration each week.
“Love God, Love Others, Serve in God’s Kingdom, Reach the Lost”
Our church is wheelchair accessible through the use of a lift. There is an accessible restroom located on the same floor as the sanctuary.
Holy Communion is shared during the 1st Sunday worship service of the month. We participate in “open communion” which means all are welcome to partake of the bread and cup. You do not have to be a member of the church or of any church to partake in the sacrament. Directions are printed in the bulletin and ushers will direct persons to the front by the center aisle, where you break off a piece of bread from the loaf and dip it into the grape juice then take the elements together. People are invited to pray at the alter if they wish before returning to their seats for the closing.
Baptism is completed for all ages. Confirmation classes are offered for youth in high-school – adult.
What does it mean to be a United Methodist? It means you are part of a worldwide Christian church that has a rich and unique heritage based on:
- Christian Tradition-Belief in the Trinity: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit; Faith in salvation through Jesus Christ, Conviction that God has mercy and love for all people, Celebration of the Sacraments (Holy Communion)
- A Commitment to Christian Living- Put faith and love into action as disciples of Jesus Christ.
- A Tradition of “connectionalism”-The church is organized into Conferences that work in connection with one another sharing a common mission and governance.
Ways to be a Faithful United Methodist
- Embrace God’s Grace- For God so loved the world that he gave us his only Son, so that everyone who believe in him may not perish but may have eternal life. John 3:16
- Explore the history of the United Methodist Church-John Wesley became the first teacher of “Methodism” in 1738.
- Reflect on guidelines for living faithfully
- Celebrate the sacraments
- Reach out to those in need